John Smith ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is IHT Records Ltd., whose company number is 3869508 and registered office address is Studio 2, 92 Lots Road, London SW10 0QD.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site http://www.johnsmithjohnsmith.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Email and mobile marketing data
You can sign up to the official John Smith database by opting in at http://www.johnsmithjohnsmith.com to receive information that relates to live performances, music releases, new merchandise and other areas that are related to John Smith.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you if we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies are small pieces of data or text files that are stored by a website such as ours within your browser. Cookies are stored on your device for varying periods of time - from as short time as the duration of your browsing session to several months. Each time you return to the website, the browser retrieves and sends cookies to the server, which helps to improve your experience of the website by, for example, remembering settings and measuring overall use of the website so that we can see where we can make site improvements.
You can manage and/or delete cookies from your device. However, please be aware that reducing cookie usage may limit the functionality and performance of the website and some features might not work as expected. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your web browser settings. To learn more about cookies and how to manage or remove them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics for all websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use the following cookies on our website:
• Website functionality cookies - These cookies enable you to browse our website and use our features.
• Website analytics cookies - We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use our website. This allows us to continuously improve our website.
• Targeting cookies or advertising cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may be of interest you. If you are a new client, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this by submitting the contact form on our website;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If John Smith or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
Statement of retention
If you do not open a marketing email from us in 24 months, we will remove you from our list and we will email you to let you know you have done this, together with an option to re-subscribe.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.